January 23, 2023: The official notice has been released by the GBRA on the GVLakes.com website. For any questions related to the update, please reach out to the GBRA directly through their website. For any questions related to the WCID, please use the ‘Contact Us’ page.
At the January 18, 2023 Regular Meeting, attendees were advised of a letter being sent by the Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority (GBRA) to all district residents regarding the upcoming pre-construction water drawdown on March 27, 2023.
The official notice will be released on the www.GVLakes.com website on January 23rd, but the Board of Directors wanted to outline and highlight a few key points ahead of residents receiving the letter next week.
- Construction is anticipated to commence in Q2 of 2023
- The drawdown needs to be completed ahead of construction to allow the lakebed time to dry out
- GBRA is working with Texas Parks and Wildlife to minimize environmental impact and risk
- The drawdown will occur over several days as a part of the environmental risk mitigation plan
- All residents should secure/remove property and watercraft ahead of March 27
The letter also reminds residents and visitors to continue to maintain safe distance from the dams and construction zones, especially all areas marked prohibited and restricted.
Again, all official releases of information from GBRA are posted to the www.GVLakes.com website, and the District will share that information on the WCID website as well.