The Board of Directors for Lake McQueeney Water Control and Improvement District No. 1 (LMWCID 1 or the District) would like to provide residents an update on the work performed so far at the dam for the Lake McQueeney Spillgate Replacement and Dam Armoring Project.
After encountering and removing unforeseen concrete obstructions, the substantial completion date has moved from late August to mid-September 2025.
Work Started and/or completed:
- Bay 1 steel sheet piling installation completed.
- Filling the South retaining wall void with concrete has been completed.
- Steel waler, which supports the steel sheet piling, installation has started.
- 6’ dam armoring grade beam construction has started.
- South embankment armoring has started.
- Bay 1 dewatering.
- Demo concrete obstructions.
- Install steel waler and support brackets.
- Continue with dam armoring earthwork and concrete placement.
- Steel Fab gate manufacturing is on schedule.
- HPU – factory acceptance testing is scheduled for May.
Below you will find updated photos of the dam project in action.
If residents have additional questions regarding the Lake McQueeney Spillgate Replacement and Dam Armoring Project, please use the Contact Us form to submit your inquiries.